Biwabik Minnesota on the Mesabi Iron Range is home to two top-rated courses at Giants Ridge Recreation Area: The Legend and The Quarry. The Legend’s distinctive design is a marvel to all who set foot on her fairways. Younger sister to The Legend, The Quarry is sculpted in equal parts from tall timberland and reclaimed mine lands. Golf Digest recently named the Quarry the top public course in Minnesota. Great seasonal rates and sweet lodging packages seal the deal.
Giants Ridge on the Iron Range is also Minnesota’s most family friendly ski area! Surrounded by the Superior National Forest, Giants Ridge provides amazing connections to nature and the great outdoors. Start planning your trip today and check out our great packages to save you and your family money.
In the summer, the magical ski area turns into a lift-served gravity mountain bike trail. Super fun, accessible for all ages, and a great way to enjoy northern Minnesota’s woodsy scenery. Rent bikes onsite, and look into their mountain bike clinics to up your game!
Outdoor adventures and recreation start at Giants Ridge!
Giants Ridge has everything you’d expect from a year-round resort. Here’s a list of all the other fun things you can do at Giants Ridge:
- Take on the climbing Wall
- Cycle the paved Mesabi Trail
- Ride the onsite mountain bike trails
- Explore the lakes by canoe, kayak or stand-up paddleboard
- Go fishing – by pier or in your own craft
- Have a drink or dine at the Burnt Onion or Wacootah Grille
- Play the massive disc golf course
- Explore the whole property by hiking trail