Spirit of Hospitality Awards
Nominations are OPEN for the 2020 Iron Range Spirit of Hospitality Awards. Anyone can nominate, so get busy!
Winners of the 2019 Spirit of Hospitality Award are, in front: Karen Blais, Sara Lavalier, Jodi Gunderson, Shaunna Gibbs. Back: Kathie Irish, Pete Hyduke, Hunter Lease, Rep. Dave Lislegard. Congratulations!
Nominate your favorite hospitality worker for a 2020 Spirit of Hospitality Award!
The Spirit of Hospitality Awards were created by the Iron Range Tourism Bureau (IRTB) to honor employees in the tourism/hospitality industry who enhance visitors’ experiences in the 12 communities that make up the IRTB service area.Individuals may be nominated in one or more of the categories listed below. Only COMPLETE nomination forms will be considered. It is only necessary to nominate an individual once.
All nominees must represent a lodging property, campground, restaurant, bar, attraction or retailer in the IRTB service area, which includes the communities of Hibbing, Chisholm, Buhl, Mountain Iron, Virginia, Eveleth, Gilbert, Biwabik, Aurora, Hoyt Lakes, the Town of White and Embarrass.
Nominations for 2020 will be accepted through September 1, 2020. Nominations will be reviewed in confidence. To be eligible for an award, nominees must be interviewed by area business professionals, and photographed. An awards gala event will be in the fall of 2020.
• Behind the Scenes – includes candidates from lodging properties and campgrounds, restaurants/bars and retailers, including maintenance, dishwashers, hotel housekeepers, room attendants, hotel laundry, bussers, stockroom, etc.
• Food Production — includes executive chefs, line cooks, pastry cooks, salad prep
• Guest Relations — non-hotel workers at attractions’ front desks, info centers, recreation facilities, greeters, restaurant hosts/hostesses, cashiers, etc.
• Hotel Guest Services — includes front desk and reservations
• Retail Sales – in retailers only where face-to-face service occurs
• Server – restaurant, banquet/catering or bar
• Volunteer of the Year — To be awarded annually to any person in the tourism-related industry who exhibits an enthusiastic, dedicated spirit of hospitality in their promotion of the Iron Range on a volunteer basis.
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact (218) 749-8161.