5 Tips for Making the Most of Giants Ridge
Giants Ridge is a winter hot spot near Biwabik on the magical Minnesota Mesabi Iron Range, with alpine and nordic skiing, fat bike trails, snowmobile trails, an ice bar, onsite and offsite lodging and a bunch of other cool stuff. Here’s what you need to know to enjoy whatever it is you want to do, and then some #MesabiIsMagic:
- Check the Calendar: You might love seeing 20 high school nordic teams compete in between your downhill runs. Then again, you might not. Giants Ridge hosts tons of events, so check the calendar so you know what to expect.
- Don’t freak if onsite lodging is full. There are lots of hotels at all price points just a few minutes from the slopes. Book early, though, because many of our properties fill up with hockey teams this time of year!
- Check on lesson availability. Maybe you can stroll in (or send the kids in) for a ski or snowboard lesson at the last minute. Don’t count on it though. The instructors are fabulous and in demand!
- The Rental Shop staff knows some stuff. If you want to try fat biking, for example, but you’re not sure where to go, talk to the staff. They can give you tips on how to take a short-and-easy route, or send you on a thigh-burning ride. If you’re into that. The Rental Shop will get you on the right path with the right gear.
- Think beyond the mountain. There’s a whole lot of stuff going on at the mountain, but there’s plenty to do offsite, too. Skate on an outdoor rink, visit a super cool museum, hear a local band, even sample some homemade candy. If you have a car, you have a whole lotta choices.
Wanna know more? Ask questions: email@example.com #GiantFun