Position: Marketing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Hourly – 30 hours per week – in office/home office combined. Some weekend hours will be required.
Summary: This person is responsible for administrative duties, select social media channels, blogs, Google My Business coordination, assistance with sports marketing and group tours, updating events on website, Certified Tourism Ambassador assistance and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
This person works within the mission, vision, policies and work plans adopted by Iron Range Tourism. This person is to assist the Executive Director in strengthening Iron Range Tourism’s role to generate a positive economic impact through travel and tourism. This person is legally and morally responsible for all activities of Iron Range Tourism policy and financials of Iron Range Tourism.
1. General Administration
- Responds to visitor inquires via phone, email and in person, and handles all requests with excellent communication skills
- Maintain and Manage Visitor Guide requests
- Oversees fulfillment of weekly Visitor Guide requests by mailing individual and group requests
- Ensure proper supply level at Travel Information Centers throughout the state, MOA, Airports and other businesses and locations as seen fit
- Manages monthly maintenance of visitor rack card materials in area kiosks Mesabi Station, area hotels and retail, and attractions as available.
- Stays current with office software programs: Microsoft Suite, Publisher, Stamps.com, and website editing software.
- Maintains databases and assists with communications for Certified Tourism Ambassador program, group tour planners and sports facilities
2. Committee & Board Meetings
- Assist with meeting planning and preparation
3. Website, Social Media, Blogs & Newsletters
- Update website copy, deals, and event/calendar as needed
- Writes Blogs – minimum monthly
- Coordinates organic and paid social media ads and posts – wholly responsible for Instagram and TikTok
- Communicates via enewsletter with Certified Tourism Ambassadors and other audiences as needed
- Able to work in a small office setting and from home
- Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, and Website Editing Software Experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Photography and videography skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Very Organized and Detail Oriented
- Basic knowledge of the Iron Range area with willingness to learn more
- Post-secondary education (minimum of 2 years)
- Marketing and Social Media experience of 1 year
The responsibilities and personal qualifications as presented in this job description will be utilized as a measuring tool in this position’s performance evaluation. To further articulate annual performance expectations, the Executive Director shall meet with this person upon anniversary date.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, references and examples of your work (may be links) to email@example.com