B’NAI ABRAHAM MUSEUM AND CULTURAL CENTER
B’nai Abraham Museum and Cultural Center
Built in 1909-1910, the B’nai Abraham Synagogue was the longest-standing operating synagogue on the Iron Range, finally closing as such in the 1990s. In 2004, Friends of B’nai Abraham began the long process of restoring the building and opening it for cultural activities. A permanent exhibit tells the history of the synagogue and its restoration.
The B’nai Abraham Cultural Center and Museum is located on the corner of Fifth Street South and South Fourth Avenue in Virginia. It is open for special performances or events, and tours by arrangement from March to October. The center is now part of the Northern Lights Music Festival organization, which holds a full schedule of chamber music concerts and lectures from mid-June to September, as well as art and historic exhibits and lectures. The facility is available for community (non-religious) uses . For tour information or facility use, contact the Northern Lights Music Festival at email@example.com; or by calling Kathy Ortler at 218-780-2292.
The B’nai Abraham Museum is located on the corner of Fifth Street South and South Fourth Avenue in Virginia. It is open for special performances or events, and tours by arrangement. For tour information, contact the Virginia Area Historical Society at 218-741-1136 or VirginiaMNhistory@gmail.com. Learn more here: http://www.ironrangejewishheritage.org/
In 1980 the building became the only Minnesota synagogue listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the National Trust for Preservation