WHAT THE HECK IS A CTA?
Certified Tourism Ambassadors are people who care about our area and want to provide the very best customer service to their guests, no matter where they are from or where they are going.
- THEY KNOW STUFF! CTAs have taken a four-hour classroom course, and achieved a passing grade on an exam.
- THEY ARE LIFELONG LEARNERS They have made, and continue to make, an effort to learn about events, activities and attractions in their area. CTAs visit sites of interest and attend events that celebrate the people, places and things in our region.
- THEY SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE CTAs strive to educate visitors and others about the great things there are to see and do right here on the Mesabi Iron Range.
- THEY PUT GUESTS FIRST CTAs are helpful, and always striving to serve our guests in a positive and memorable manner.
- THEY ARE SUPERSTARS! CTAs are great people to know!
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 Noon-4 p.m.
All classes will be held at the Mesabi Station, 111 Station 44 Rd., Eveleth, MN 55734 unless otherwise noted. Class fee is $25.
LOOK FOR THE PIN!
Certified Tourism Ambassadors wear a star-shaped pin to show that they have answers to visitors’ questions! Learn more about CTA, an industry-recognized international certification program.
TELL ME MORE
So how do you get the pin? Its easy! Sign up online for a class – the cost is only $25! An Iron Range Tourism Bureau staff person will deliver your “pre-read materials,” which is a book stuffed full of information about things to see and do in our area. Prepare for class by reading the book, and show up ready for fun!
IRON RANGE CTA ON FACEBOOK
Ask to join our closed group for Iron Range CTAs by finding Iron Range Spirit of Hospitality on Facebook, and asking to join the linked group.
Get a free drawstring backpack and coffee mug! Contact Beth at email@example.com for your free passes.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY:
- “Excellent resource I can utilize every day!”
- “Speakers kept the class moving and the room engaged.”
- “Great program! Keep up the good work!”
- “Lots of great information and reference material.”
- “Nicely put together and very valuable – learned a lot.”