Spirit of Hospitality Awards
NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2016 SPIRIT OF HOSPITALITY AWARDS ARE CLOSED. ANY NOMINATIONS SUBMITTED WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR 2017. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE “SOHAs”!
Nominate your favorite hospitality worker for a Spirit of Hospitality Award!
The Spirit of Hospitality Awards were created by the Iron Range Tourism Bureau (IRTB) to honor employees in the tourism/hospitality industry who enhance visitors’ experiences in the 12 communities that make up the IRTB service area.Individuals may be nominated in one or more of the categories listed below. Only COMPLETE nomination forms will be considered. It is only necessary to nominate an individual once.
All nominees must represent a lodging property, campground, restaurant, bar, attraction or retailer in the IRTB service area, which includes the communities of Hibbing, Chisholm, Buhl, Mountain Iron, Virginia, Eveleth, Gilbert, Biwabik, Aurora, Hoyt Lakes, the Town of White and Embarrass.
Nominations for the 2016 awards will be accepted through September 1, 2016. Nominations will be reviewed in confidence. To be eligible for an award, nominees must be interviewed by area business professionals, and photographed. And awards gala event will be held in October.
• Hotel Guest Services — includes front desk and reservations
• Hotel Housekeeping — room attendant, housekeeping, laundry
• Retail Sales – in retailers only where face-to-face service occurs
• Server – restaurant, banquet/catering or bar
• Back-of-the-House – includes candidates from lodging properties and campgrounds, restaurants/bars and retailers, including maintenance, dishwashers, bussers, stockroom, etc.
• Food Production — includes executive chefs, line cooks, pastry cooks, salad prep
• Host/Hostess – seaters, greeters or cashiers from restaurants
• Guest Relations — non-hotel workers at attractions front desks, info centers, recreation facilities etc.
• Hall of Fame — To be awarded annually to any person in the tourism-related industry who exhibits an enthusiastic, dedicated spirit of hospitality in their promotion of the Iron Range
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact Beth. Click here to see a list of past winners.